iPhone App Development for Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard (the owner of Absolut, Jameson, Malibu, Martell, etc) came to us in May 2013(!) with an idea to turn their database of cocktail recipes into a quickly-searchable app to be used by their 18,900 employees. The idea was put on hold for a few years but for 2019 we decided it was go-time to build this native iOS app.
They posed these challenges to the Div team:
- Build an offline-first iPhone app so that users can access content when there is no cell service.
- Build the app with React Native and CouchDB.
- Import recipes from an Excel spreadsheet.
- Scrape images and missing data from an old Pernod website.
- Within the app povide instant filtering for text, brand, product, ingredients, occasion, presentation, style.
- Allow users to bookmark and share recipes.
- Allow users to create menus from a selection of recipes, PDF the menu using multiple styles, and email the PDFs.
Pernod then used the Apple Developer Enterprise Program to distributed the proprietary in-house iOS app to their employees.